A Contract Recruiter is not a new concept. Companies work with contract recruiters for many tactical reasons. Extended leave, summer vacation and maternity leave are all tactical reasons to hire a contract recruiter for a short period of time. But there are also many strategic reasons to use a Recruiter On-Demand service model. At CBI Group, we help customers view their talent acquisition departments and hiring plans strategically. Here are five ways customers use contract recruiters strategically.
- Product Launch: If your company is launching a new product or service, you may need the assistance of a contract recruiter to augment your existing recruiting team. Likely you’ll need to bring on the right technical skill sets to build your product or service, and once the new product is ready, you will need a sales force expansion program.
- Opening New Location: Is your company growing and expanding to new locations? If you are opening up a new location, whether it’s in the same city or town, or somewhere else in North America – you’ll have an increase in requisitions until you fill the jobs for that location. This is a great opportunity to bring on a contract recruiter for your specific hiring goals.
- Hiring Peaks, Rapid Growth: Some companies don’t need a new product or location to experience rapid growth. All businesses experience ups and downs in hiring and a contract recruiter is a flexible option that is the best way to smooth out the peaks and valleys of workforce demand.
- Hiring for a Specific Business Unit: Many times, corporate HR teams feel confident in their recruiting ability for the most part, but sometimes struggle with hiring for a specific business unit. Companies can bring on a contract recruiter with specialty or niche experience to recruit just for that unit, and still keep the rest of the TA internal. Whether IT recruiting, Sales hiring, or Finance is your sore spot, contract recruiters provide you with expertise and results while keeping headcount and budget in line.
- An Acquisition or Divestiture: Organizing, merging, and restructuring HR departments can be confusing and difficult during an acquisition or divestiture. CBI Group contract recruiters can handle the HR side of things for a short-term or long-term period of change.